Thursday, November 18, 2004

maybe it's me...

Robert Manne wrote an article which was printed in The Age. In it he asks: How long till we realise what we have done to Iraq?

I think it will be a very long time before we see what we have done. As long as is humanly possible.

A small illustration from my life:

My 14 year old daughter said to me, 'Mum, I'm fighting with Sylvie. And yesterday I was fighting with Chanel. And last week I had a fight with Clayton.' Long pause. ' I'm starting to think that maybe it's me.'

I almost cried. If ONLY our leaders could get to the stage of saying, ' Maybe it's me.' But most people don't start from the conflict resolution point of 'Maybe it's me.' They start from 'Of course it's them.' And that's why I fear it will be years before anyone who supported this mess can bear to look at it. And even then, most of them will have come to believe they were against it from the start.

There are a lot more bombs yet in America's vast arsenal that are addressed, 'To Iraq, with love.'


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home